1. What personal information is gathered about you and how do we use it? In general, personal information is collected for the purpose of enhancing your experience at this Site and will not be shared with or disclosed to any third party without your consent.
When purchasing products on the Site, you will be required to provide your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and credit card/financial information, if applicable. This information is needed to verify your identity and for the purchase and sale of products ordered through the Site. Credit card/financial information that is collected is used to charge you for products. We may use your telephone number or email address to contact you if we have trouble processing or shipping your order. We will never use your telephone number for sales or marketing purposes.
We may also ask you for personal information on our feedback forms or when you report a problem with the Site.
The Site server automatically collects data about your home server’s domain when you visit the Site. For example, if you visit us from your Yahoo account, our server will record a visit from Yahoo.com. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us; for example, an affiliate website or a search engine. We use this information for the purpose of tracking the website that referred you to us. Our server will not automatically record your name or email address. Your email address and other personally identifying data will not be known to SSC unless you voluntarily submit them to us.
Lastly, we may collect IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are navigating the Internet. Internet servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site, but never for marketing or tracking purposes.
2. With whom is your information shared? As a general rule, we do not share or disclose your personal information with or to any third party unless we have your explicit permission to do so. For example, if you request that we sign you up for a third party’s newsletter, we will provide your personal information to such third party so that they can add you to the newsletter distribution list. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy policies of such third parties.
We reserve the right to disclose any content, records, or electronic communication of any kind (including without limitation personal information or private electronic communication transmitted on the Site): (i) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (ii) if such disclosure is necessary to operate our business; or (iii) to protect the rights or property of SSC or its users, sponsors, providers, or licensors. We also reserve the right to reject any order or to request additional information from any user.
3. What safeguards are in place to protect your personal information? SSC uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to maintain the confidentiality of the information we collect online. The Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Our Site and servers are protected using standard industry practice. We review and update Web security and security procedures regularly.
Information we collect for purchase transactions is encrypted using secure server software.
Although we will exercise reasonable care to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we collect online, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit to us will be free from unauthorized third-party intrusion. You therefore understand and agree that all information you submit to SSC or post on the Site is done so at your own risk.
4. How can you update or correct inaccuracies? Upon request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will provide to you a summary of any personal information retained by us regarding you. You may also modify, correct, change, or update your personal records or cause your personal records to be removed from our database by request via email to email@example.com. We will only send personal records to the email address on file for the user name associated with it.
5. What about other sites linked from the Site? You should be aware that when you are on the Site, you can be directed to other sites that we do not control. These other sites may send their own "cookies,"* collect data, or solicit personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party sites.
* Note: "Cookies" are text files sent from a site’s server and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow sites to personalize and save preferences. Cookies can be used to collect anonymous data and serve the user with specifically targeted ads. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent that.
6. What about information you post on the Site? If you post information on or transmit information to other people through the Site, including without limitation, on message/bulletin boards on the Site, you understand that such information will be publicly available and you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality regarding such information.