Non-clients: $550.00 per attendee
Program Ends: 10:30 AM
About the Webinar
The economy, at least the economic impact on the state’s General Fund, has done an about-face and revenues are coming in fast and furious. Communicating the ever-changing financial picture, as well as understanding and managing school district and charter school budgets is critically important. Join us as we get back to the basics and discuss critical tasks such as managing personnel costs and building multiyear projections, as well as a plethora of tips and tricks for completing and monitoring your budget. This two-part webinar series is a “must” for those who face the task of building, analyzing, and monitoring departmental, school district, or charter school budgets, as well as those being prepared for such positions.
A wide range of analytical methods and budget analysis, along with specific areas for budget reduction and restoration, will be addressed in this two-part webinar. Topics to be covered include:
- Development of the multiyear projection
- Summary of federal and state funds arising from COVD-19
- Best practices for budget planning throughout the local agency budget, including:
- Enrollment and average daily attendance, including hold harmless
- Position control including staffing and salaries
- Health and welfare benefits
- Pension benefits and contribution rate increases
- Routine Restricted Maintenance Account contributions
- Determining the adequacy of reserves and managing the pending reserve cap
- Considering the impact of other funds on the General Fund
Dates and Times:
Part 1: September 21, 2021, 9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
Part 2: September 23, 2021, 9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
Fee Includes Both Webinars
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will be most beneficial for anyone involved in the audit process, including, but not limited to, program administrators, department heads, clerical and administrative support, fiscal services staff, budget managers, assistant superintendents, and school district auditors.