Non-clients: $550.00 per attendee
Program Ends: 12:00 PM
The clouds appear to be darkening as state revenues are lagging behind budget projections on a consistent basis for the first time in recent memory. Despite slowing revenues, local educational agencies (LEAs) must balance the impact of record inflation and ongoing programmatic needs with an historic amount of one-time restricted funds. Additionally, LEAs are navigating numerous reporting deadlines and new plans in the face of declining enrollment with one primary fiscal goal—ensuring their LEA stays on strong fiscal ground.
Amidst the new funding sources and spending requirements, it’s more important than ever to understand the fundamentals of preparing for bargaining, and effectively communicating the position of the LEA—including the tracking of one-time resources.
This webinar contains important information for all levels of the business and fiscal departments, including accountants, fiscal directors, budget managers, and chief business officials, as well as lead negotiators. Be sure to attend to learn new ideas for the experienced negotiator, as well as training for the newest participant on the management side of the table.
- Preparing for negotiations, mediation, factfinding, and the realities of impasse
- Illustrative examples of step and column, and cost of 1% calculations
- Establishing comparable agencies
- Pricing proposals and translating the costs into at-the-table language
- Simplified multiyear projection tool for costing proposals
- Negotiation pitfalls and missteps
- Effective strategies to communicate the LEA’s financial position and offer