Non-clients: $640.00 per attendee
Program Ends: 12:00 PM
About the Workshop
The May Revision is a statutorily required action by the Administration every year, and this will be the second year for Governor Gavin Newsom to recast his January State Budget proposals and present new proposals in view of a revised revenue outlook and stakeholder feedback. This year the May Revision will be significantly impacted by the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the U.S. and state economies and local school agency budgets and operations. The May Revision Workshop will incorporate the results of revised revenue estimates, finalize the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) provisions for 2020–21, revise the out-year estimates for LCFF funding for your multiyear projections, provide the latest on funding and policy proposals outside the LCFF, and incorporate any revisions of the accountability system.
In this unprecedented public health crisis, 2020–21 is expected to be a very challenging year for school administration and finance. The online delivery of this workshop will allow us to continue to provide you with the information needed to close the books for 2019–20 and to finalize local educational agency budgets for 2020–21.
There is no question that this workshop will be invaluable to you, and it is cosponsored by the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT). The content will be delivered electronically and will be recorded so that you can receive the content at a convenient time for you. Attendees will be able to submit questions throughout the workshop to be answered live at the end of the event. You have asked for this feature, and we are happy to enhance your experience with this interactivity!
Who Should Attend?
We recommend attendance by board members, superintendents, chief business officials, school site administrators, school business professionals, and representatives of employee organizations, as well as human resources, education, and other local school agency policy makers.
Two Events for the Price of One!
Our annual School Finance and Management Conference held in July each year is designed to provide you with our analysis and advice related to that year’s final State Budget Act. For this year, we will also be delivering the conference through an online session in July and we are bundling it into your registration fee for the May Revision Workshop – you receive two events for the price of one!
The Workshop Will Provide:
- A revised School Services of California Inc. Financial Projection Dartboard
- Updated per-pupil revenue amounts
- Planning factors for the out years of the multiyear projection
- Implications of COVID-19 and Senate Bill 117 on school agency budgets and operations
- The appropriate use of ending balances and other resources
- Operational guidance for new revenues, new regulations, increasing expenditure obligations, and opening schools for the 2020–21 year
- Other challenges and opportunities for local school agency leaders
- Issues to consider when closing the books for 2019–20
- Discussion and analysis of major education policy issues, including updates on the Local Control and Accountability Plan