Non-clients: $390 per attendee
Position control is a set of procedures which manage personnel expenditures and is of the highest importance in a local educational agency’s (LEA’s) ability to maintain fiscal accountability. A functioning position control system operates with a high level of accuracy and the data includes a precise representation of the personnel performing services. Personnel expenditures are, on average 80%-85% of costs for most LEAs, which should make the management of position control a top priority in maintaining fiscal solvency.
This technical training will provide the tools and knowledge necessary for successful position control and will include an understanding of foundational position control concepts, industry standards and best practices, and tips for effective communication between the human resources (HR) and business services departments.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is for both HR and business staff as the process is a shared responsibility and both departments play integral roles in maintaining an effective position control system. Consequently, this training is most effective when HR and business staff attend in partnership.
- HR data input and the impacts to the budget
- Managing the budget and personnel expenditures
- Personnel requisition procedures—best practices
- A technical overview of position control procedures including, vacancy management, data and reporting, and payroll
- Establishing standards to manage personnel and position funding changes
- Activities which encourage collaborative practices between HR, budget, and payroll