Non-clients: $550 per attendee
Program Ends: 10:30 AM
Two-Part Webinar Series
Updating the Local Allocation Policy—A Guided Process for SELPAs and LEAs
Changing Education Code and increasing AB 602 special education base rates means that every Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) should review and evaluate necessary changes and amendments to their local allocation model and policy. This online webinar series will offer the tools and resources to support local allocation plan discussions and strategies for organizing, reviewing, and updating the SELPA allocation model to capture new laws, local needs, and state requirements.
The presenters will provide tips on ways to support the governance council and local educational agency (LEA) members in reaching consensus on the equitable use of local resources through a consensus building process focused on the needs and outcomes of students with disabilities.
Attendees will receive tips on how to support the governance council and LEA members in making shared decisions around the equitable use of local resources in an inclusive, fiscally responsible, and collaborative manner.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is for SELPA leaders, fiscal staff supporting special education, governance council members, special education directors, and educational partners impacted by SELPA allocation policy. Teams are encouraged to attend.
- Overview of SELPA requirements, allocation model, and policy
- Federal and state revenue sources
- One time and ongoing funding sources
- Updated Education Code for 2022-23
- Impact of the 2022-23 enacted State Budget Act
- SELPA base rates and AB 602 components, including Out-of-Home Care projections
- Alignment with mandated Local Plan documents
- Achieving transparency and accountability regarding special education revenues
- Analysis of policy implications on programs and inclusive practice
- Tools to support local simulations of funding policy
- Protocols to guide SELPA constituents in updating the allocation policy
- Strategies to allow flexibility within the SELPA for maintenance of effort monitoring and management
- Alignment of SELPA Purpose and Guiding Principles to policy and planning decisions